Small Business Development Center
Empowering small business owners
The College of Business at Loyola University has proudly hosted the Small Business Development Center for 25 years.
Loyola is a collaborative partner of the Louisiana Small Business Development Center Greater New Orleans Region (LSBDC GNOR), funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Louisiana Economic Development, and Loyola University and Southern University New Orleans.
What the center offers small businesses
- Empowering small business owners and entrepreneurs with the right tools, technical assistance, and resources to help their businesses start, grow, and succeed.
- Award-winning, nationally accredited network of nine culturally diverse and bi-lingual service centers statewide.
- High quality and confidential consulting for free with a team of experienced business professionals in a wide variety of disciplines and industries, including accounting, marketing, sales, management, real estate, finance, human resources, franchising, websites/e-commerce, restaurants, health care, international trade, and more.
- Low cost training seminars and workshops to help businesses owners and entrepreneurs gain or upgrade their business skills.
- Resources for completing complex assistance projects, such as e-commerce websites with LED’s Small & Emerging Business Program, with special emphasis on accessing capital, financial resources, and loan packaging; the SBDC works with community based lenders, bankers, state recovery financing programs and other lenders.
- On-line registration for consulting, technical assistance and training at the state-wide center's website.
- Capacity for starting and rebuilding businesses and neighborhoods; the LSBDC GNOR is assisting small businesses in growing, rebuilding, providing resources to assist the business owner in achieving greater profitability and sustainability.