Small Business Development Center Internships
The Small Business Development Center has internship opportunities available each semester for all majors. All internships are unpaid, but have flexible hours and locations from which to work. Internships are a learning experience and interns are challenged to apply academic knowledge to practice in real business situations. All internships are designed with minimal clerical tasks, usually no more than 20% clerical.
Interns typically work on any one or all of the following projects:
- Assigned directly to a client to complete work projects with the client.
- Assigned to an SBDC consultant to assist with a project or projects with an SBDC client or clients.
- Assigned to one of the SBDC locations to work with SBDC staff on operations, customer relationship management program, or other special tasks.
Students interested in the internship position must meet the following qualifications at a minimum:
- Currently enrolled business student
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Trainable, organized, and professional
Interested students should apply for an intern or graduate assistant position via email with a resume and schedule of availability to:
- Carmen Sunda, Director, LSBDC Greater New Orleans Region