Take your new career for a test drive
Classrooms are great, but sometimes you need to step out of them.
Because it’s important that you have relevant career-related experiences that prepare you to hit the ground running, all business students are required to complete an internship before graduation.
Internships give you the chance to explore your chosen field, as well as allow you to pursue specialized business topics in a professional setting. Work sites vary from Fortune 500 companies to small, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit organizations, in New Orleans and around the country. During your junior or senior year, you’re required to spend between 120 and 150 hours at a job site.
Please take a moment to read through the appropriate FAQ section before contacting the internship office. From there, we will be happy to answer any questions you have, assist you with your internship search or help you craft an internship job description for posting.
- Click here to review Student FAQ's
- Click here to review instructions to register internships online
- Click here to REGISTER your Internship for 1, 2, or 3 credit hours
- Click here to see Tips on how to make the most of your Internship Experience
- Click here to contact the Business Portfolio Office
- Click here to view the Employer FAQ’s
- Click here to contact the Internship Office with any questions
Where are business students interning?
Why is an internship important?
Your internship can be as important when searching for a job as your actual degree!